Search This Blog

28 November 2008

Home Port, and a slide show link

I've put together some of the photos (probably still too many!) into a slide show that you can view at


http://picasaweb.google.com/raconteurcrew/RaconteurSolomonsToHomePort#

We took over 600 pictures over the 25 day trip; the slide show has about 250 of them, mostly captioned, and mostly in chronological order.

We made the 1230 bridge opening at the 17th Street Causeway on Wednesday. It took four attempts to get into the slip here at 777 Bayshore. The current is just wicked. I tried twice, then JP tried, and then I tried once more, this time convincing myself to aim for the slip two slips to the left of ours, and with help from our neighbor in 904, we got in.

It's strange to be back on land; I was quite disoriented for some hours, and then did not sleep especially soundly (I woke up about 2 a.m., just in time for the END of my passage watch). It's better now.

Next up: the Bahamas in early/mid March.

Here's Raconteur, back home.

No comments: