Search This Blog

13 November 2008

Beaufort, continued



It was raining cats and dogs and gusting to 35kts this morning, so we stayed put, after much discussion and hand-wringing. We will, assuming no similar conditions in the morning, head south on the ICW tomorrow and Saturday, hoping to take advantage of some northing in the wind forecast for Sunday. We want to go out for a few days, to make our way to Charleston/Savannah or to Fernandina Beach/St Mary's.
As a reward for our extended stay, we got some clearing this afternoon - and dolphins (note to Cal: the kind that swim) just off the docks. I made a couple of ineffective videos, and I'll try to post one.
The boat above is one of several neighbors we've had here at Beaufort Docks...I think the staircase is bigger than any I've had in a two story house! Yesterday it was the smaller sister of this one...JP and Susan ran into them in town, and they commented that they have a bike like ours. JP said - it's great, and it only took me 5 minutes to get it out and another 5 to assemble that. They sort of coughed and said "well.....the Captain did that for us".
Steve - we are eating pretty well, in the ICW, at anchor and in the marina. Wait until we are sailing watch on watch - I'll let you know if anyone CAN eat while we're doing that. I'm trying to think of things people can 'grab and go'.
Kay - wish you were here too. We are having much too good a time. Kent, if you are reading - we'll be back, I promise!
Joni - could you read the flag??
Kaye and DJ: I'm with David, but for some reason, Susan has Lauderdale on the brain. Glad you like the photos - I'm not in your league (nor is my camera) but I'm having fun with it.

No comments: