Search This Blog

30 October 2008

The joys of Chesapeake weather forecasting

Okay, so I left to get a haircut at 4. Before I left, I checked the a.m. NOAA forecast and it said that we would see 10-15kts of wind from the east or northeast on Sunday and Monday. I come back, and the afternoon forecase says 5-10 on Sunday and Monday, maybe 10 on Tuesday. We should be used to it by now, after three summers here.
Susan is in NH today with her folks, returning tomorrow morning. We are trying to wrap things up at the office so we can head out late afternoon tomorrow, to Solomons. We'll do fresh provisions on Saturday, and then Susan's sister Judy and her friend Tom will meet us for dinner at the CD Cafe (which we just FINALLY tried this year, after hearing about it since we got here) and they will stay over and see us off and take the car home to Judy's on Sunday. Our friend Melinda is unavoidably detained in NYC (see you in December!).
Plan is to make it to the south side of the Potomac on Sunday night, then onto another anchorage Monday night, and perhaps to a marina on Tuesday so I get my full and final election fix. It's looking very, very good but I can hardly wait for the real returns.
I had another one of those wrinkle-in-time moments this morning, thinking we were leaving a week from Saturday...
A shout-out to Steve - sorry we couldn't manage dinner the other night - and believe me, if anyone can make us want to come back and work next summer, it's you!

1 comment:

LoCal said...

Bon Voyage! We look forward to reading the blog. Just looked up a little restaurant we have been to in Coinjock, NC (off the ICW) - maybe you will get a chance to stop there.
Lois & Cal