Search This Blog

20 October 2010

Day 4: Crisfield, cats and dogs






Raining like mad here today, so we will probably stay until Friday morning so we can visit Smith or Tangier Island in nicer conditions tomorrow. Expecting some heavy winds.
Meanwhile, our forward macerator has quit, so after JP and Susan tackled it this morning without success, we have a local marine plumber, and he is here now. We can manage with one head, but...

ERRATUM: I am instructed by the Raconteur Local 410 that it must be said that the even the plumber had to take the offending part back to his shop, and use some combination of a table vise and a locking wrench with a two or three foot handle in order to get the job started. I am so corrected, and meant no disrespect whatsoever to my hardworking maintenance team.

Meanwhile, some images from our first few days, starting counter-clockwise from lower right with a picture taken by our boat neighbor at Castle Harbour; a close encounter with a racer off Annapolis Harbor; JP helming; sunset on Mill Creek (the one near Back Creek, off the Pax); and Leigh helming out of Castle Harbour. Yes, I am still struggling two years later with posting pictures inside the blog!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Beautiful photos!

Raconteur, Southbound said...

Thank you...I love it when someone posts here! I need an audience, I guess...