Search This Blog

01 March 2009

Spooked by the word "front"

We had Dawnna and Grant (aka D&G Services) provision the boat yesterday, preparing us to go out as soon as we landed, but after much studying, agonizing, more studying, intense discussion, etc. we decided if it took that much talking to decide if we could beat the front we should probably stay in port until it passes. So, here we are in Lauderdale, probably until Thursday when the wind shifts back to the east.
It IS lovely here today so we are not TOO deprived.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I haven't been watching news lately, I was like, "What front? the weather is perfect!" Yesterday, as the wind began to blow, I realized that I was glad you didn't go yet. She's already when you are, so here's hoping that you can set sail later this week and have LOTS OF FUN!!

Anonymous said...

And of course I have no idea what the weather is doing in Florida, but since it's 12 degrees here, with 3 inches of snow on the ground, (albeit sunny), I'm having trouble even imagining getting near a body of water... the whole Bermuda thing sounds pretty great, though!
Good luck, when the launching occurs,
Peggy